How can i get my 2 year old to sleep all night?

I know, i know she should be pass this stage but she wakes up every 2-3 hours a night, and she will just cry, i would go in her room lay her down and she goes back to sleep but 2hrs later...... please help i'm losing it...

2MUCH2SOON..

Asked by 2MUCH2SOON.. at 11:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I can only tell you what NOT to do because at that age, my son was still getting up 15 - 20 times a night. Don't constantly go in to her. If her cry is a serious cry, then go in. But don't do what I did which was refuse to let him cry himself to sleep. Trust me - he didn't learn how to soothe himself and to this day, at age 14, he still wakes up and calls for me or shows up at my bedside.
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 12:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• warm milk helps, but i have found that using this dimming the lights 30mins prior, helps to calm them and ready them for bed. Never use TV during this time.
    1Kira1

Answer by 1Kira1 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I was the two year old who woke constantly. My parents finally gave me permission to turn on my light and look at books till I was sleepy again. Once that happened, I never bothered them at night unless I was sick.

I used the same technique with my son. At age eleven I know damned well he doesn't sleep all night, but he only calls for us if there's a real problem like one of his Wes Craven nosebleeds.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Cosleep

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• well i have a 1 year old and this is what i do well i keep her up all day well she take a nap and then i keep her up and let her play or i take her to a park and let her play then i feed her and make sure she eat avery thing then i give her a bath in baby night time bath and then i read her a book and then she fall asleep all night well that might work just give it a try
    juanita31

Answer by juanita31 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I thought about letting her cry herself to sleep but she's loud, my 8 month old wakes up along with everyone in the house. I give her a glass of milk almost every night it helps her fall asleep but she still wakes up 2hrs later. I never thought about books, i will try it and see how it works.

Thanks for your help ladies, i will keep you posted.
    2MUCH2SOON..

Comment by 2MUCH2SOON.. (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Great question.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• start a routine if you don't already have one such as bath, book cuddle time and then sleep sometimes the bath alone with get them sleepy enough that they stay asleep longer. if she is still taking a nap during the day maybe try cutting the time down or cutting it out completely
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011