Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

The father of my child got a letter from the IRS. Saying he owns pay cs

The father of my child wrote me saying that he got a letter that said 1200 is being sent to child on 3/31/11, so when should get it? Or who can I contact to see when are house??!

Answer Question

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 13 (980 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Depends on your state and if the father fights it. Could be as little as 30 days or could be as long as 6 months.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 12:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • Well if you were on any kind of assistance from your state cash, or medical the state can actually take the money and not give it to you, if you werent then it may take a few weeks. If you have a child support worker you can call and ask to speak to the tax intercept department or get the number to them and call they may be able to tell you when to expect it. Each state is diffrent.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • Child support enforcment, but they should of already sent you a debit card that they deposit any cs payed onto your card, but Idk.

    Answer by Kimberly71682 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • I would call your local department that handles child support. They can better answer your question.

    Answer by 4EqltyMom at 12:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • You should be able to find the info on your friend of the court/state attorney general that you go through for child support's website. Or give your case worker a call. Sometimes they have that information on automated customer service number too.

    Answer by bdflykisses at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • If his wages are garnished already, and your not on public aid, you should get it in a couple of weeks, you can call the IRS and ask them, now if your on aid, you might still get some, but not sure how they do it!

    Answer by kimigogo at 3:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.