DO YA MISS YOUR HOUSE YA GREW UP IN?

I DO. THINK ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Unfortunately, when the bank forclosed I was in no position financially to purchase it from the bank, however my best friend and her husband were looking to buy a home, and they ended up getting it. I feel so much better knowing that even though its no longer my house, I can always go back home. So, I still spend a lot of time there. It just hurts to know that its no longer in my family. I have a lot of sentimental attachment to that house.

Miranda Lamberts song, "the house that built me" pretty much sums me up...
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 12:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I grew up in several different houses, but there were aspects of all of them that I'd love in a house now.
    The house I lived in until I was about 8 was on a really quite cul-de-sac and had a playground across the street. It had a huge yard in front and back... it was awesome for us kids!
    The house after that had a bar in the basement - enough said.
    And the house after that had a gorgeous wood kitchen (even with wood panelling disguising the fridge), a far back garage, and a really great back yard.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I do and I miss hearing my grandmothers voice in it!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 12:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• NO!!!! I hated where I grew up and I'm glad it's gone, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• absolutely not.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I had an unusual childhood where my stepdad owned this large house and my mom and him were always breaking up and back together so while my mom was always leaving and getting a new place to rent there it was always going back to his place.
    anyway stepdad still lives in the same house and well my daughter is going to go to the College that is 9 blocks from his house and I want her to "rent" one of his upstairs bedrooms ( his is main floor) while she goes to college and the idea of that just brings back all the good times in that house
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes very much so and I'm mad that my mom sold the house she and my dad built. Very sad.
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 12:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My mom and dad lived in a house with my sister until I came along ten years later. When I was eight, we moved into another house. It was bigger than the one before. My sister went off to college the same year My dad died two years later. Yet it is the only house that I can really remember from my childhood. Then 20 years later my mom decides to move into a smaller place. I still remember when she told me, at first I was hurt. But I did realize that she didn't need that big house anymore. I finally got over it. But I still dream about it at times.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I miss it.

My dad built our house on a piece of land that my grandfather gave him. We did not hire contractors to build the house. It was built by the hands of family and friends who are very dear to me. Some who are no longer with us.

Unfortunately, my parents got divorced a few years ago and my dad decided that he no longer cared about anything but bar hopping, women, and gambling. He stopped paying the mortgage and in September of last year, the house was forclosed on.

I'm still mad at my dad. That house meant so much to me. My pap, who gave us the ground to build the house, passed away just a few months before the house was finished, but I can still see him standing inside the house before he died, pounding nails into the drywall of what was going to be the living room. I can still see my uncle dean helping to build the front porch. He is also no longer with us. My dogs are buried in that back yard.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 12:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2011