Who makes the money in your household, and who pays the bills?

My hubby is the bread-winner of the household. I am a SAHM to my 9-week old son. I distribute the money amongst the bills, savings and what we can spend. Who brings home the money in your household, and who pays the bills? :)

bentleysmommy11

Asked by bentleysmommy11 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• He makes a majority of the money, but I am the one who manages where it goes and pays the bills.
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 12:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I do now I am single
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My husband makes the majority of the money and I make sure everything gets paid. I also have my own little business from home, but that's mostly just to supplement so we have enough for gas, groceries, and any extras.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my husband makes the money but i pay the bills with it
    christinaj1979

Answer by christinaj1979 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We make about the same, only because his unemployment is about equal to my GI BIll. I take care of the money.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would say the same.. I worked full time for the school district before we had our first child and I haven't went back to work since then which was 3.5 years ago and we are now expecting our second. My husband is the bread winner and although we set up a budget seasonally I keep track of what bills are due when and how much.
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• That'd be my roommate, to both. He makes enough to live here on his own (if he never did anything fun), so it hasn't been too bad while I was unemployed. My first paycheck from my new job comes in 6 days, so then I'll be able to contribute too. :)
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My husband makes the money but I take care of the bills as he has no patience dealing with people or answering machines.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My husband works and I am a SAHM to 3 little girls 4 yrs old, 2 yrs old and 1 yr old. He makes the money and I budget/plan/pay bills/savings.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my dh makes it i pay the bills.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2011