Question of the day!

What do you think makes YOU a great mother.... Be honest here ladies!

dfwhite

Asked by dfwhite at 12:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• i feed my children!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I listen to & trust myself & my ability to make the right choice for my son
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Since my son is only 9 weeks, I don't have MUCH experience. But, I feel that I am a good mother because I am extremely patient, I am very nurturing and have that "motherly instinct." I am practicing attachment parenting, so I am breastfeeding, baby-wearing, bonding, and co-sleeping. I feel that these are all great things a mother can do for the baby, as long as they are comfortable with it!
    bentleysmommy11

Answer by bentleysmommy11 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I always put my child first, and out of love. Before I do something, I always question if it's the best thing for him. If not, I don't do it. I love him every second of every day, and hug and kiss him every chance I get.

I guess "love" is what makes me a great mother. I love him SO, SO, SO much. So much that it almost takes my breath away sometimes. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and so precious...and I treat him as such.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• homeschool

play great music (blues, Jazz, rock, reggae, classical, big band, celtic, etc,) instead of insipid kid's music

built them a library of wonderful children's fiction including Oscar Wilde, John Irving, James Thurber, Carl Sandburg, Kipling, Shakespeare, original fairy tales from around the world) and unabridged versions of classic literature

snuggle and kiss them a lot and sing to them

hold them to high standards and to their potential
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i do for my children before i would ever do for my self and i love them with all my heart and i am the one that is there with them in the mornings , when they get out of school and when they go to bed
    christinaj1979

Answer by christinaj1979 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Love first, consistancy and remembering I'm human and make mistakes :) & learning from them
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Their needs always come first, they get healthy food, I pay attention to them and make sure my son goes to school feeling happy and he is clean ( you would not believe how many kids go to school dirty and in clothes that are to small). and I gave my 19 yr old my car, leaving me carless...why? because she was walking from work late at night back to her place and it was not safe and recently they caught a wanted rapist right by her work so there you go I make sacrifices to ensure the kids are safe at any age. oh and we still have dh's truck anyway. but yeah the kids come first and I sacrifice and have always lived my life by example. I do not want to be a parent that does as she pleases then wonders why the kids are on crack or whatever
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My daughter is my priority and I put effort into her and my parenting.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 1:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am an adequate mother, not a great one.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2011