Is he too attached to her?

My 17 month old is a really good baby through out the day when it's mommy and him.. But 3:30 comes around his bid sister gets home and he cries. He only wants her. He calls her name and if she doesn't feel like playing with him, he cries. When ever I take both of them somewhere he only wants her. She gives in and gets him but I tell her she needs to go play like the other kids, but she doesn't want him to cry. He has two big brothers too but hes not like that with them. Is he too close to his big sister? Is that good Idk.

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no maybe they connect on a difernet bonding level. i find it adorable he ahs his favorite
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'd say you're lucky as it gives you a welcome break. Make the most of it. Kids that age go through phases of prefering one person over another but most return to loving mommy most, eventually, and it will drain you when it happens. And a good strong sibling relationship is excellent for both baby and older sister. I wouldn't fight it at all.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I honestly think it will make him a better man when he gets older. He will know how to respect a woman. It's good they are close!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My son is 7 1/2, my daughter is 4. All she ever wants is for her Big Brother/idol to spend time with her and play with her. I think it's normal.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• yes it is ok. very cute imo
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my daughter was like that with his brother..still is.. she will cry if he doesnt want to play! they are only 21 months apart - 3 an 5. idk if its a bad thing.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my two year old is like that with her sister whos 7 months old, she will cry if i let her with daddy or at grandmas. And yell my sister my sister go get her! i think its normal.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It's adorable but let her be a big kid too and play with her friends. She sounds like a wonderful big sister!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i dont think he is to close to her at all... i think its cute! my little sister and i are seven years apart born on the same day! she was attached to me just like ur son is attached to your daughter. now we are 24 and 17 and we get a long great! Its nice to have a sibling that close that you can talk to about anything
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• She 11. When I was pg she wanted a lil sister but she loves he baby brother so much. She is a great big sister.
    Kimberly71682

Comment by Kimberly71682 (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011