15 month old hangs his head?

Lately my 15 month old has been doing odd stuff. My Mother is worrying me saying it's not normal and that my sister and I never did these things. My son looks out of the very corners of his eyes and slowly turns his head. Recently he has been putting his head down, like letting it hang. Sometimes he flutters his eyes. I've talked to his Pedi about everything but hanging his head(he just started this) and she says it's normal. I'm a worry wart and I don't know if I should listen to my Mom that it's definitely NOT normal or the Pedi who says it is. I have to admit it is strange what he does. Has you child ever done things like this? I'd like to know if others have gone through this and if it is normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if you think its something to worry about get a 2nd opinion.. thats what id do.. we had to get a 2nd opinion for our son also and thank god we did
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• In my own experience - I tend to listen to my pedi IF I think there's a problem versus other people. He see's and has been around many more children than I have in my life and after all, that is his career.

However, doctors aren't always right. While it's rare, it does happen. If you're 100% concerned about it, take your son to a different doctor and get a second opinion.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Have you had his hearing and eyesight given the all-clear? If you feel it might be odd, I'd probably get another opinion, but otherwise just keep and eye on his other development and see how he goes.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• get a second opinion, also record it! i have learned i had to record what my daughter was doing for the docs for them to compeletly understand.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I agree. Get a second opinion.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sounds to me like he's testing things out. YOU try it. Look out of the corners of your eyes and slowly turn your head. Kinda cool huh? He's learning about his peripheral vision and stuff like that. *I* think he's just exploring what he can do with his body and learning new things and new muscle control.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i think its normal.. but it wont hurt to get a second dr to take a look at him.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 1:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• If it is constant then get a second opinion. If he is just experimenting/exploring how his body works then don't worry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Fellow worry wart here, and I think you need to trust your gut, I agree with getting a second opinion, could to tape him doing these things, and show it to your doc? I think so many times doctors tend to brush off something unless they can see it....idk it doesn't sound like anything my son ever did,, I hope everything is fine, and it is just the worry bug! Do you think we are born with it, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• if you feel its something to worry about get a 2nd opinion
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011