Christmas Carols 2. Similar Question but for Christians...

So if you haven't seen it I already have a question asking the Non Christians and JW mommies if Christmas music bothers them. Now I'm going to flip it a bit, for my Christian mommies...

We all know that there is as much secular Christmas music as there is religious. Again, unless you intentionally keep away from it, you are going to hear it. So here are some questions for you...

Does the secular Christmas Music (for example Frosty or White Christmas) bother you?
What is your favorite Christmas song?
Is it a religioucs song?
What, if anything, about the song calls to you...

AnnieMcD

Asked by AnnieMcD at 12:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I didn't answer what my favorite was because, honestly, I don't have a favorite - just like I really don't have a favorite non-Christmas song. I like all sorts of music, and I guess you could say that my "favorite" song depends on the mood I'm in - whether its serious, silly, mellow, or whatever. I like a lot of Tricia Yearwood's CD "The Greatest Gift", I like the Trans Siberian Orchestra' Christmas music, and I also like Twisted Sister's Twisted Christmas CD (lol - Oh Come All Ye Faithful to the tune of We're Not Gonna Take It is great :-) )

As far as people being offended, I don't mean this nasty, because honestly there are things that offend me, too, but overall, I think if a person is looking to be offended, they're sure to find it...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Here is the link to the first question...

AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 12:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It doesn't bother me at all!

I like so many but I really like Faith Hill's "Where are you Christmas" and a bunch of songs done by Bing Crosby.

Some have religious backgrounds, others don't. No biggie to me!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ummm Christmas music is Christmas music to me. I enjoy everything from Christian to Adam Sandler's songs... What is the big deal? Why would you think it would bother anyone? I like the Christmas music sung in other languages as well...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I love both secular and religious Christmas music.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't have a problem with the secular songs as a whole. There are certain ones that I don't like, but that's just because I think the song is bad (not as in evil, but bad as in it's a crappy song lol). Meaning, I get sick of the whole "it's Christmas and I'm so lonesome, sitting here in prison with my dead dog and my wife has done run out on me with my best friend, and the reason she left is I'm too broke to buy her a present" sort of song...

But in general, I don't have a problem with Secular Christmas songs, in fact, I happen to like a lot of them.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ok ladies, I see you have answered the first part of the question well, although I do know some people who are personally offended by the secular music of the season... But I still wonder about the other parts. What is your favorite Christmas song? Is it a religious song? What about the song itself calls to you?

So you don't think I'm calling anyone out, I want to say I asked the exact same questions of the Non-Christian ladies. You might want to look at that one too, the answers are really cool!!!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 12:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2008