What do i do my 6yr old son likes to touch me to much. Im scared he will turn into a pedifile or something as an adult.

I am all for affection towards children. I believe that it is beneficial. My son knows and understands that you should not touch or let other people touch private parts unless it is a doctor or a parent for the reason of hygiene/safety only. Even though he knows this, he still tries to touch me inappropriately, like playing with my boobs or trying to line up his lower half with mine. I asked him if he knew what sex is and he said no. I asked him if he had seen his dad and step mom do that and again he said no. I asked him and even had a relative ask him if any one has touched him or was made to touch anyone else and again the answer is no. I talked to his dad a little about leaving out the part of him trying to do it with me) it but his dad kind of laughed it off as being normal and saying that he does it because it makes his wee wee feel good; and that he started doing stuff like that when he was around the same age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My friends son who's four use to do the same stuff to her. Especially in the shower. He was always looking and wanting to feel her. It is simply curiosity, that's the way kids learn. They're esp curious when the parent is the opposite sex. He'll outgrow it, don't trip. My daughter is a toddler and she loves my boobs, that's because she doesn't have any!
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• If you are really worried that someone is hurting him or touching him then you should take him to the doctor. Sometime kids will get all curious, and I dough very much that he will turn into a pedophile. You should go talk with a doctor all the same, cause if you even think there is a problem you should get it checked out.
    Anonymous

• ? being reported for what.....I don't see anything inappropriate about it. I agree w/ the first poster, if you think he may have been exposed to sexual acts in some way...have him evaluated. Don't ignore this, I've heard of 6, 7, 8 year old children molesting other children. Deal with this behavior now.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• okay whoever wrote pervert, must be a pervert to think anything sexual is going on for this mom. Listen, my son sadly did the same thing when he was 5. I was sooooooooo worried. it really freaked me out. But my son is basically with me 24hrs so it would be hard for him to have had an opportunity to be abused by someone. he got through it. its hard, when I get embarrassed I laugh. try not to ever laugh and be firm with NO and he will stop. mine did. good luck, by the way my ped. told me it was normal curiosity too.

seriously shame on you if your a mom and you answered pervert, what kind of mother are you? I feel bad for your kids to be stuck with someone so closed minded when someone asks a ? and gets you...

Anonymous

• i dont let my son get away with trying to touch me i talk to him about it and tell him that i dont like it. i ask him why he wants to do it and he tells me that it feels good and he that he loves me which makes me wonder if he has walked in on his dad and sm a few times. i agree that i should take him to a dr but i dont know what kind of doctor i should take him to or how to present my worries.
    Anonymous

• btw i reported the person who callen me a pervert and was rude to me about this very serious concern i have about my sons behavior.
    Anonymous

• Talk to her regular doc. That can be a first step... And Anonymous 12:06 what are you talking about

okay whoever wrote pervert, must be a pervert to think anything sexual is going on for this mom
    and
    seriously shame on you if your a mom and you answered pervert, what kind of mother are you? I feel bad for your kids to be stuck with someone so closed minded when someone asks a ? and gets you..

Who are you talking about. I didn't see anyone post anything inappropriate?
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Considering the natural weaning age for children is 4-7 years, I would think it would be normal to play with your boobs. Maybe just a natural curiosity for the other things.

In some cultures they even get their children to feed old than 7 to prevent pregnancies.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• How does that relate to him being a pedofile when he's an adult? A pedofile has a sexual fascination wilt children...Your question about your son has no relation to him being a pedofile.
    Anonymous

• Is it possible that HE has been violated in some way? Kids just don't do that unless they have seen it somewhere or unless someone did that to them! Talk to his pediatrician about it, He/ she will be able to tell you what's normal and what isn't but I would definately be worried!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2008