Do you modify a recipe to suit your needs

like if it calls for one thing but you don't want that do you skip that ingredient or just feel you have to move on to a new recipe.
There are people who don't realize they can modify a recipe to their taste and for me I never really follow a recipe but I do use it to get ideas from it and then take off in my own direction

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Sure-I modify all the time, unless it is an essential ingredient, especially if I don't have a particular ingredient on hand. I will substitute something else or just leave it out.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I will modify anything to suit me. I am very picky and have a hard time accepting certain ingredients.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sometimes. Most often we'll omit onions, my husband and I don't really care for them. I'll usually skip recipes that call for mushrooms though. Again, we don't like them and I fee like too much would be taken away from the recipe to try it without.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes! I deal with Meniere's Disease and have to modify everything I eat due to the salt content in my foods, To much and I get dizzy spells and get sick and could wind up in the E.R.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• all the time
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I skip things all the time. Or if it says finely chop onions, I leave the onions in long strips because I am weird, I like the flavor of onions, but not the texture, so leaving them in long strips makes it easier for me to pick them out later
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i modify them all the time if i dont like an ingredient then i leave it out or add something that i like
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• all the time
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes, always.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011