I warned my sis in law that my bro is an asshole, but she insisted on marrying him anyway.

My sis in law loves attention and wants to know what her hubby is up to (don't we all). She is becoming so annoyed at my bros lack of attention she has thought about leaving him. When they are home alone, he is in one room and she in another. When/if a friend of his comes over, he will stop what he is doing and visit with them. My sis in law gets frustrated cause all she wishes is he would have conversation with her like he does with his friends. When she tries to tell him he will tell her to stop acting like that and insist he does not know what she talking about. I would like input on how you would handle a relationship such as this.. She feels that the only time my bro talks to her is when he wants something.. She has asked me to ask Cafe Moms what they think or would do.She does so much for him .PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT HER, RATHER, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ..THANKS

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I just broke up with my ex become of such things. Tell her that she needs to find her own happiness and not worry about him. Worry about herself and he will come around. I just realized this and now that I am happy my ex wants to be around me constantly..he just senses the happiness and wants in.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It's her life. You TOLD her what he was like, and she married him anyway. I think it's time for you to politely tell her to figure out her own problems and/or fix her own mess.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• she is a grown woman... you talked to her and gave her heads up not to push her away but because you cared... and she made the choice on her own to go on with it... so don't let this be weight on your shoulders.... she knew what she was getting into and was probly hoping he'd change... just be there for her.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• you warned her and she still gave into being with him, so now i think its time for her to handle her own realtionship problems and if she feels things are not going to get better move on. i agree with ROSEHAWK
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Less complaining & more smiling & hopefully he comes around. But definitely knock out the confronting & complaints. Just makes him want to be away from her more.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Relationship counseling might help, if he is willing.
    kitty068

Answer by kitty068 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011