Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Child support

My dd is eleven, I took her dad to court when she was two and he never showed up for court. The judge ordered him to pay the lowest amount of child support. He has never paid anything. He doesn't work so he doesn't pay taxes. He does receive ssi but ssi told child support enforcement that his records are private. He has been arrested three times\ for none payment of child support. They make him promise to make his payments, but he never does. Is there anything else that I can do?


Asked by Kimberly71682 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 17 (3,993 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • In all honesty I don't think so. In my case my dd father's license has been suspended, they keep sending him notices to come in, he won't come. When I do think about calling the CSE office I am told the same thing. It's to the point where I no longer waste my time or energy.

    Answer by Shagara03 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • I don't think so. Just forget about that money, he's a deadbeat dad.

    Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • Im sorry,but I would have to agree

    Answer by BraenatsNeeNee at 1:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • You should be able to get that garnished. You will have to get it court ordered but you are intitled.

    Answer by Elysium927 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • it confuses me that SSI can't give that info without his permission, because they should be able to garnish his income. They can garnish wages, they find out what men make without their permission. Do you have a Free Legal 800 number in your area? I've realized in cases like this you get further with a lawyer....

    Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 2:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • sorry but just another dead beat father! i wouldnt count on his money but sure would do whatever it took to make it so he has to repay it some how....ssi should beable to garnish his wages..

    Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • Subpeona the SSI records. They HAVE to turn it over that way.

    Answer by laird6372 at 4:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • It is court ordered but ssi can't give that info without his permission


    Comment by Kimberly71682 (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • No but that's why I wanted to know what are my options,  Child support told me that he needs to claim her as his depended child.


    Comment by Kimberly71682 (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2011