Used car lots adult content

Me and my dh went to a used carlot to buy a get a new car(old one broke). The salesman seemed real nice. He showed us two cars. One was real small but the other one seemed to be good. We bought it for 3000 cash. Two days later the car was giving me fuel problem, so I called the car lot. At first they were real rude but then the maniger said that it was there problem and they would fix it because it had only been two days. He told me they would pick it up in a few days. They didn't I finally towed it down there. It took them a week to look at it. I called every day. Then finally the mechanic manager contacted us and told us to come down there. When we got there he told us that there was sugar in the gas tank. He said they are not responsible for that, so there doing nothing. Yesterday I scraped the car for 450 dollars, and have to make payments to a friend for a car they were selling for 3400 dollars. Does that sound fair to you?

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sorry, chance you take on used cars. That 3 T $ would have been a good down payment on a small economy car. I say small/economy --don't know the $ situation. A lot of people don't know, 5 T $ can be taken off the top before you negotiate a deal. A new car will not let you down. If you have any problems, you take it back. guaranteed 3 years no large repair bills, and worry free problems, providing you take care of it . which is better $300 repair bill every month WITH frustrations or more on a used auto, or $300 payment of worry free driving on a new one? take it from a proud owner of a new Hyundai Sonata, loaded 26 T$ got it for 16 total pay out about 19,500 taxes inc. and by the way credit sucks...saved every dime. walked in told them what I WANTED. WHAT I COULD AFFORD to pay each month. FYI HYUNDAI's are getting high ratings all the time. I love my Hyundai.
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• hell no that is so wrong but im sorry that happend to you the same thing happend to me and we had to eat it so i know how bad that sucked
    christinaj1979

Answer by christinaj1979 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am so sorry that happened. Always have a mechanic check out a used car before buying it. Most state laws say a used car is sold "as is" and the buyer assumes all risk.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• If the car was sold "as it", you should have had it checked out by a mechanic. If it was not, you need to contact the state's attorney's office, though since the car was scrapped, you no longer have the evidence.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Most cars should have a tag that states "as is" or "under warrenty". I dont do "as is." Thats where many get in trouble. Best wishes sweetie, I totally feel for you! In fact, I am glad you posted this b.c I am getting ready (2 weeks) to purchases a new-used-car at a FORD dealership. I think I will have my dad go with me :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• aw thats awful...with cash your better off buying through an individual selling a car than a car lot.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It sucks but I know
    Kimberly71682

Comment by Kimberly71682 (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• The car lot is not responsible.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011