Getting my kids involved.

With the high level of crime these days i want to make sure my boys grow up right. i want to get them into sports and stuff like that to keep them busy and out of trouble, but i dont no what.... keep in mind my boys are 2 and 4... im trying to think of their future and i think that getting them into cub scouts or sports at an early age will help.. what do you ladies think.. are they to young??

dfwhite

Asked by dfwhite at 2:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• What about t ball?  Maybe your local Y would have something age appropriate for them to do?  I don't think they are too young, those activities can be extremely fun!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• The 2 year old is probably too young for anything now, except I know a few local indoor soccer places have pre-school/toddler groups. The 4 year old should be old enough for pre-k soccer, or karate or something. Another option is looking into music lessons now, there are many more activities (t ball, scouts etc) that open up at 5+.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 2:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No I stated my oldest in t- ball when he was five. Now he loves to play football. My seven year old was a is a tiger scout. Scouting can be fun for both of you and no the scouts I found out is not only about dad and son. Most of my ds friends moms attend, sometimes the dads join us. I love it as much as him.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have 5 kids
    son- 8 is in boysouts, baseball, then soccer i the fall and peewee fotball after that is over, school
    daughter- 5 Daisies, T-bal, ballet, kindergarten
    daighter- 4 ballet, pre-k, t-ball
    my other 2 daughters will stat when old enough!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Check with your town recreation department and ask what is available and for what ages. When our kids were in jr high and older we told them they had to pick one activity every year. They went for sports, but it could have been any group activity in school or town. It helps them make friends and have outside interests.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Your two year old might still be a little young, but the four year old is just about the right age to start getting involved in community sports (my daughter started playing soccer at four, and hasn't stopped since). I second LoveBuggsMommie's suggestion about music lessons as well. Both my kids started learning instruments when they were very young, and they both still enjoy playing for fun. Whatever you end up doing, just make sure it's something the kids enjoy. By the way, if your boys have a mom that's as invested in their futures as you are, they'll probably be ok. Keep up the good work!
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011