What would you do??

I went to church tonight, I remembered I didn't blow out my candles on my entertainment center, it was 25ish miles oneway to go home and blow them out--so 50ish to go home and come back. I asked my friend what I should do--they were jar candles, I asked her if I went home if she could drop my kids off on the way home(she is always offering to help me with the kids and I always say no my kids are kinda naughty sometimes) but this time I didn't want to waste all that gas(I am on unemployment). She kinda thought I was being lazy, and cheap, but she agreed to take them anyway. Its not my home church I have to drive 15 mile(both ways) to that one tomarrow---- what would you do-----1. left the candles burning trusting God would never let you house burn when you were at church??!! OR 2. Drive back and forth back and forth(50 extra miles on the car plus gas) OR 3. leave the kids and let the friend drop them off OR 4. Fight with two kids 7 and 11 years old, have them scream and cry all they way to the car and look like the biggest bitch taking two kids out of church when they wanted to stay

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 2:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love God...but, I'm sure He understands if you walk out of a service.
    You're unemployed, and if your house burns down...forgive me for saying this, but, you're fucked.

I would have drove back to my house.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would have driven home and put out the candle
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• You do what is right for you. Go home and come back to church next time.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would have gone home. If she acted that way, I would have said nevermind and just gathered up my kids myself and brought them with. They'd have no choice but to understand.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Honestly, I wouldn't have done anything. I leave jar candles burning all the time. As long as you don't have pets to knock them over and they are in a safe area away from windows or curtains, they are really rather safe. I don't worry about them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i would have asked her for assistance, and when she balked, i would have grabbed my kids, and gone home, blew the candles out, and gone to bed...period.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It probably would have been fine to just leave them go until you got back. I would be more concerned that your 11 and 7 year old act like such brats out in public. It's ridiculous to cry because they have to leave a place. Grow up!

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Put the candles out.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'm with dullscissors on this one- and who cares what people think about kid having a fit- they ARE KIDS, and you don't want your house to burn down!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Side note: Have you ever tried Scentsy? I can leave those thing going when I'm not home and not have a panic attack about the house catching fire. They're WONDERFUL!!!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011