how much does your 6 month old eat?

I cant figure out how much my baby needs to be eating. I'm going to the doctor for her 6 month next week but i wanted to see what other babies are eating.

Jillis_mommy

Asked by Jillis_mommy at 11:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is 6 months old...she eats 3 8 ounce bottles a day sometimes our and 2-3 jars a baby food...plus a cereal bottle at bedtime...
    LindseysMom08

Answer by LindseysMom08 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I feel like he eats a lot. He usually wakes up around 5 or 6 and drinks 6oz. Around 9 he eats half a jar of stage 2 baby food mixed with cereal. At noon is another 6 to 8oz of formula. Around 2 or 3 he eats another half a jar of baby food mixed with cereal. If dinner is around 6, he then eats half a jar of baby food with cereal and half a jar of fruit. If dinner is late he will have a 5oz bottle to hold him over. (he eats at the table when we eat) Before bed he will drink another 5 to 8 oz and that is it until morning.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• my son is 7 months but at 6 months and before that i have him on this feeding schedule. 8am whole bowl of oatmeal banna cereal or 1 jar of cereal with 6oz bottle, 12pm 1 contianer of fruit with 6oz bottle, 4pm 1 contianer of veg or 1 jar of dinner with 6oz bottle and then at 8pm 8oz bottle. my son is eating stage 2 food and has been eating them since he was 5 months
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My baby Just turned 8 months old today and he eat's 7oz. formula when he wakes up, then about 2 hours later he eats 1/2 cup cereal then about an hour or two late he has a snack with juice, and about an hour or two later he'll have another bottle, and then i start the cycle again, till he's had breakfast lunch and dinner, and he eats about 3/4 a jar of the 3rd foods from gerber, and then he has a bottle right before bed
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Thank you guys so much! i was getting worried the mothers in my Gymboree class didnt feed there children anywhere close to what jill eats. She is eating about what you guys are telling me.
    Jillis_mommy

Answer by Jillis_mommy at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2008