Gender Prediction Test

Urine-based test you reform at home as early as 10 weeks pregnant. Called IntelliGender for $34.95. What's your point-of-view?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 2:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can't tell via urine what your baby is going to be. I guess it'd be just something fun to do, but in my personal opinion I could do a lot more that'd be productive with the 35.00.

I believe there's a way to know what you're having if, I think, it's amniocentesis. But I've never had that so I am not 100% certain. I am however 100% certain you can't tell what you're having through urine.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Done it. Belonged to a group on a mothering forum who all did it. We tracked and charted results. It was about 50% accurate, with "boy" results being slightly more likely to be correct than "girl" results. This was 4 years ago, but it was the Intelligender test. My results said girl; I had a boy. It doesn't work and is a waste of $40. We found that pH strips you'd use to test a pool or fish tank gave very similar results to the Intelligender test, so if you just want to do it for kicks and giggles I'd go with the pH strips since they're way cheaper and not sold by a company that is marketing a false product.

Also, there was another test (by another company, presumably) that required you to send in a blood sample and it was even more expensive (~$200) . There were only 2 women on the forum who did that one, but both were told their results were "inconclusive" and not offered a refund or second test.

Sorry, they're all a scam
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 3:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Also, when we individually contacted Intelligender to let them know our results were incorrect, they were very polite and surprisingly professional, but they would answer no questions about how the test worked and told us we had stirred too vigorously or not vigorously enough, misinterpreted our results, tested too soon or too late, were carrying boy/girl twins, or even that our ultrasounds may have been incorrect (we followed up with actual sex of the baby at birth on our chart...only 1 u/s was wrong, out of about 50!). The just kept insisting their test was 96% accurate and they were surprised at each and every one of us who had a confirmed incorrect result.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 3:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My friend did it....it was wrong. Why not just wait until the ultrasound?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I did it and will know in 2wks if it's right, but doubt...I only tried it for fun, and because my best friend got it for me since she was dying to know if it works
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 4:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i would take the test but for sure dont take it seriously, its not 100% accurate but its always fun to see what u might be having ;}
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i wouldnt trust it... the doctors can tell you for free!!! LOL. and you never know, considering its so early, things might form later....
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 2:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I find out April 28th, pretty excited!
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011