Do Godparents have to be in a relationship together?

My little sister has two people in mind who do not know each other. I honestly haven't thought about mine, Lol. 3 out of 4 of my mom's daughters are pregnant. :-)

shynu

Asked by shynu at 2:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. My own godparents are actually related, and my kids godparents are not in relationships.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• no my twims have twin godmothers (one each) and share a godfather, the godparents do not even know each other, my oldest son's godparents are married
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My godparents were never in a relationship, they were chosen for their relationship to my parents. My DD's godparents are my brother and my husbands sister. I think once upon a time you would choose a couple because those are the people you were effectively saying you wanted to have raise your child(ren) in your absence but that is no longer the way things work. Godparents are seperate from guardians, and if you have a preference of who your children are raised by, you have to get that legally documented and for that you don't need a couple either.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 3:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My kids' godparents are not together. We chose my brother and my husband's sister.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i dont think so for my 1st son it was his 2 aunts and uncle (my bro sister and step-sister) for this one i have my cousin since she was the 1st to know and i havent decided on the other ones yet
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• god parents can be anyone you want them to be, no i dont think they need to be together... it might make things simpler but not nessissary.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 2:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011