Who do you think you are tv show

I been watching the full episodes on there website. I been thinking, is there such a thing of not having a family tree? I mean, you have Tim Mcgraw whos dad was a baseball player and traced all the way back the civil war, germany etc. Im just saying that for a example. Im hispanic, my mom was born and raised in South America Argentina, and so was my moms parents and there parents. minus my great grandmas parents (my Grandpas Mom) they where born in Italy. I dont know anything about my Dad. I know hes mexican and thats it. My mom and him divorced when i was 1. All i know is a few last names thats it. we cant trace nothing back because we are hispanic. Its not like we are white and have famous people or men who where in the war or anything like that. Kinda bums me out because our family tree is boring. We went to some church place in Los angeles that holds names but nothing came out of it. Most of the people in my moms mom and my moms dad side all died. So i guess we just dont have any info and never will? I want to know where we came from, how they came from italy to argentina, if there is anything interesting or what not. Are we supposed to fly to italy just for this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Try the website www.ancestry.com. you can get a free 2 week trial. You just put in the name of anybody in your family, and they can look up if they are in any family trees already listed on the site, and they can look up immigration documents, birth certificates, any legal documents. It's a pretty amazing site. I was able to trace my family tree back to Wales and England and Germany, back in the 1400's. Some of it goes further back, but it gets a bit more sparse from there. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• like i said, there is nothing on there and its not a 2 week trial. My mom and i have known about Ancestry.com since it started. its never free. its a 2 week free trial once u put your credit card in.Im never going to pay a website for it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Contact your local Family History Center. they are in the Mormon Churches but open to everyone. They can point you in the right direction and help you where needed. They have the full catalog of what is contained in the main Salt Lake City library and you can do interlibrary loans for a small fee, they'll explain all that to you. The main library contains records of all kinds from all over the world. Also you might try contacting the National Genealogy Society, (www. negsgenealogy.org. ). They are the group that certifies genealogists and would know of a reputable genealogist that would be able to help you with your hispanic heritage. Some genealogists do charge for their services but not all do. Hope this helps, Good Luck. Their are records out there, you just need to know where to look.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• OOPS, that website is www. ngsgenealogy.org. (I put in an extra letter above...sorry)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011