Potty training

im about to start potty traing my two year old any one have any tips

santtanna

Asked by santtanna at 2:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had my son potty trained at 2 and here is what I did- I bought a poster board and some stickers and stuck it on the wall over his potty and everytime he went he got a sticker. At first I would have to ask him frequently if he wanted to use the potty and I would tell him if he did anything in it he would get a sticker and if not he would get one next time he went in it. He would get really excited about getting the stickers and getting to see how many he had got. Then when I would go to the bathroom he started asking if he used the potty too if he could get a sticker, and eventually that ended up in him just asking randomly. I'm sure all kids are different so it may not work but you can try it!
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 3:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• alot of patience =) i potty trained my stepdaugher...and it wasnt easy but requires patience..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Google "toilet training readiness' and see if he is ready.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• be consistent and keep encouraging him
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2011