I think i made a big mistake. huge!

i posted a little about this yesterday i beleive. i recently got back together with the father of my daughter (we were together for 4.5 yrs and went through about 4 break-ups). we've been "back together" for about 3 weeks. this is the problem: i dont think i really truly honestly want to be with him. i got back together with him because he knows me so well, adores me, and truly loves me. i love him a lot too but i am wondering if theres something better out there for me. i dont want to be with him just because he is my "comfort". i also have low self esteem and am scared that no one else will love me.

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 3:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like you know that you are settling

i will ask you
    would you advise a close friend, sister, or your daughter to settle??
    that is your answer
    if you would not want a loved one of yours to settle, why would you, you are someones loved one too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• follow ur heart if its telling you tooo...here for support if you need it msg me...if you like..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Don't have much advice for this one, I am in the same boat as u!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• To stay in a relationship when you really don't want to be with someone is dishonest. It's not fair to you, him, or the child(ren). Get out and make your own way in the world for you and your child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Babe maybe taking some time just for you to figure out what you want to do.  On the other hand, the grass isn't greener on the other side.  Have your split ups been because you keep having these feelings?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• im the same too sometimes i feel like if i just stay w/my so because im just used to him being around,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Its never too late to leave. In the meantime you will leave when you are good and ready but if youthink you made a mistake you did!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• this is not right for him .if you are not sure then you should let him find someone who will care for him ,there is always someone out there for you so dont settle for comfort .
    wendyandjeremy

Answer by wendyandjeremy at 10:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Someone else will love you, but YOU NEED TO LOVE YOURSELF! Focus on you and all will fall into place. Never stay for comfort, it takes a lot of work to maintain a healthy relationship, but sounds to me like your cutting yourself short.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 12:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Go with your gut. From what you said, he sounds like a decent man...don't string him along. No one likes that feeling. Also, if ya'll have broken up so many times before, maybe it's not meant to be. Don't drag something out based on comfort...that's not fair to either of you, or your daughter.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011