Why does my period go for two days and then stop, ony to spot for two weeks?

It's so annoying to never ever know when I am going to spot! I am going on a hiking trip in California and worried I am going to spot or restart my period again. Is there anything Ican do to stop that?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Health

• have you seen a doctor??
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 4:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No I have always had this situation and figured it was just normal. Should I see a doctor?
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 4:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• You should definitely see a doctor. If you've had it for a while, its probably nothing bad but they could probably tell you whats wrong and give you something to help it.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I do that too occassionally. I have a fibroid tumor on one of my ovaries that causes this. You need to see a doctor, have a PAP done and possibly an internal ultra sound. Deff get it checked out.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 3:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• if you are not on birth control it is very normal for your period to be irregular its nothing a dr is going to worry about but if you want to control your periods get on birth control
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 4:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2011