So how many of u are equipped with stuff in case of an emergency happens?

I am!! I pack a little "tornado kit' That has meds and diapers, can food ect in case we have to get and go. We have no basement, so DH's dad lives 3 blockes from us and if we have time, we fly to his house. If not, we do have a bathroom smack dab in the middle of our house we go to. How about ya'll??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Just listening to the weather channel about all that severe weather shit happenning later today into Monday. Whats kinda scarey is the fact that this system has an almost identical set up from the April 3-4 1974 super outbreak of tornados. 148 fucking tornados dropped in a 24 hr period! Hit from lower MI all the way to AL. 5 EF-5 tornados maybe 6....... EF-5 hit Xenia Ohio without warning...If u watch Dr Forbes on the Weather Channel and that Tor-Con thing he has, and he says there is a 70% or more chance of a tornado take it to heart, he hasn't been wrong yet.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 4:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Holy shit!  I was just watching this on the news!  I would be totally screwed.  We relaxed on stocking up now that winters over and pay day isn't until Thursday.  Right now we have the bare minimum to make it.  Plenty of diapers, it's food I'm anxious about.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Do u live in texas?
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 4:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Indiana.  The line they are showing, it should hit here.  Scary shit!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Do you know where in Michigan it's supposed to hit? My DH is there visiting our oldest daughter right now in the Midland/Saginaw/Bay City area...
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Tornados ain't fun if u do not know much about them. I went Storm Chasing 2 yrs ago well actaully 3 now. I went just before I got prego. WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 4:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• From what I have learned its supposed to strech from the lower part from Kalamzoo to just about Saginaw. I guess if u look at your hand it would be just below yopur thumb on the fleshy part.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 4:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• not ready
    lovegrace222

Answer by lovegrace222 at 4:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We live in PA, so we don't have to worry about tornados. i have plenty of candles if the electric goes out. No back up generator, though. We have about 4 days worth of food and a case of bottled water. There is nothing worse than going to the bathroom in the dark when you can't see the toilet.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Unlees you have a basement or a true safe room or tornado shelter. Your house will probably be leveled if a tornado hits it.
    We have a wind up flash light and a wind up radio in our master bedroom closet. That is about it for now.

Answer by louise2 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2011