Have anyone still given to charities even though we all are having a rough time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• no. i've decided to volunteer my time and energy instead.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I give to a girl in need through World Vision..... and we are having a hard time but I think that for them, the 30 dollars I sacrifice is way more beneficial then 30 dollars is to me. Now, it' hard... there are times I wish I'd have 30 for gas, food, etc... but I know she needs it more for clean water and food to survive. So.. yes I do.
    God tells us to give even in the hard times... we don't give 10% but we try to do nice things and give when we can.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I give what I can out of my weekly groceries ( I buy a little extra) to the Metropolitan Ministries here in the area. I also give what I can each shopping trip to the Salvation Army bell ringer, I donate on a regular basis to the local charities. I also help out my church when possible. I have a heart condition that limits my physical activities and I am on welfare, if I can do it, everybody can.
    Anonymous

• We have been giving more. We are doing a little better this year than last and are saving a lot (just in case). We are just really cutting back on gifts for family members and for ourselves. I figure everyone else needs it a little more than me.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I have not been able to do the Angel Tree like I normally do at Christmas, but I was able to ahold of a bunch of gloves and mittens and have been giving them away to those that need them. I wish I could do more.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 1:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• yeah when i was working i had a payroll deduction of $5 a check to united way coming out. time weren't good then but i still did it.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i also want to point out there is so much that can be done and it wont cost you a dime. Today for example an elderly couple that lives by us knocked on our door asking if we could help them unload their groceries and take them into the house. The lady's husband uses oxygen and a walker. I cannot get around well myself but it was such a great feeling, and this sort of thing can be done all year round.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 2:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yep, the food bank, salvation army, our church, UNICEF, and a local organization that supports homeless families.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 2:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• We have $10 deducted every week for our local United Way. We also do an angel tree through my husband's work. And we did a shoebox thing for my son's classroom.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 2:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I used to donate alot unfortunately I can't afford to donate money at teh present. What I do still donate to different charities is my time. and also my children's time.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2008