Havent had a bm in 4 days. Help !! adult content

this is going on 4days that i havent shit and i usually go first thing in the morning everydsy..
i dont feel constipated or feel the need to go.. ive sat there for a while seeing if my body just needed time...
ive been sick the last 3 days... sore throat, fever, headache nausia weak feeln...
has this happened to anyone?
please dont tell me to go to the dr. i would if i could.. but i cant so ya.. ne advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Health

• If you have been sick and not eating right. That is probably the reason why. You do not eat, you do not shit. If you are worried drink some prune juice.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Drink a lot of water! Fiber and fruit help me.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sounds like the flu. Keep drinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• prunes and mandarin oranges (canned) help me
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Miralax, or for more immediate relief try a laxative such as Sennokot. Walmart has a generic laxative; (blue & white box) that is a vegetable laxative, which is a more gentle relief. You dont want to use Dulcolax. That is very harsh & will cause cramping. Drinking lots of water will also help you move your bowels. The intestines need water to get rid of waste.

Eating much or not, it is not normal or good to go 4 days without some kind of bowel movement. Eat something bland if you cant tolerate any other solid foods. But get something in you that isnt known for causing constipation. Prunes or prune juice will help keep you regular because they're high in fiber, but you wont get relief as quickly with those as you would a laxative.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 8:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• prune juice helps.. if yo weren't eating alot because you're sick, this could be the issue so just eat lots of high fibre stuff, lots of water and it'll be fine. I f you're still not going after a couple of days try a store bought enema. I took one once and it worked like a charm!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Colace and Miralax are helpful and non irritating
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Warm prune juice.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• if you are taking cold and flu meds... they are very dehydrating so that maybe the problem... If you are sick, I wouldnt worry to much, I bet you will bounce back to normal when you are feeling better... drink lots of water, if you take a bunch of fiber and not drink enough water you will get really constapated, higher water intake is essential to get the fiber moving thru your system...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 4:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• if you have been sick i'm sure that has alot to do with it if your not putting anything in nothing is goin to come out. but if you are feeling constipated don't use laxitives they cause cramping and diarrhea and can lead to dehydration use a stool softner drink lots of water and get more fiber in your diet. but for some ppl only going every so often is normal so if you are not uncomfortable then i wouldn't worry too much about it.
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 4:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2011