Does your husband travel alot for work?

Is he an ass when he comes home after being gone for a good amount of time?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 8:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• My dh is an ass all the time, even though he doesn't travel.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My husband has to travel a couple of times a year for work and is usually gone for a week or two. When he comes back he'e extra nice, so it's really the opposite of what you described.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Not at all - on being an a$$. He works in Maine; we live in Pennsylvania. He's there M - F every week. When he comes home, he pitches right in with the kids. I'm generally exhausted at that point. Our kids are 14,6 and 6. Our oldest is autistic and doesn't help at all with her twin brothers.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• He's a truck driver, so he's always travelling for work. He is not an ass when he comes home. Sometimes he might be a little cranky if he didn't get a whole lot of sleep in the week or two before he gets home, but not extreme. He's usually gone for about a month at a time, and we always look forward to him coming home.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My stbxh is an otr truck driver and yes he could be an ass after being on the road for a few weeks but then that just came naturally for him.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Mine used to be gone for up to 6 months at a time, and we would have the opposite thing happen...we would have a "honeymoon" period when he first came home.

I think it really depends on the type of work he does and how long he is away from home at a time, how long he knows he will be home, etc.

I can definitely see where if mine worked a job he didn't like, had to fly/drive out for just long enough at a time to screw up his sleep schedule, and then knew he would only be home for a day or two before he did it again, that he would be pissy and snappy at everyone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My husband goes to Africa for 5 weeks then comes home for 5.. He is never an ass when he is home..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 9:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Nope. My husband is always gone and it's been home for a couple months then gone for 7 months. He has never been a jerk when he got home but I guess this is more than just a small business trip. I agree with someone else. If he hated his job, then I could see how he'd be rotten everytime he came home.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my husbend is military so they go to the feild for a week or 2 at a time ,last year he had to go to Polland for 2 months ,but no he is nice ,he gets stressed from our girls alot easyer only because they can be a handful and he has been away but that normaly goes away within a day or two
    wendyandjeremy

Answer by wendyandjeremy at 10:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My husband just joined the Army, so has been gone since September. He came home for 2 weeks in December, and I'm pretty sure we didn't fight at all. We never really do...just minor disagreements. But no, never an ass. I don't think he has it in him lol.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011