Making rice krispie treat eggs

I want to make rice krispie treat eggs and fill them with candy but i want to make the eggs all different colors,is that possible? If so how do i do it? I have to make rice krispie treats and than put pieces in a plastic and than take them out and smush it together to look like an egg.Food coloring is so messy.is there a good way of going about this w,out putting a few drops on the small pieces and smushing it together and will that mess it up?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Maybe you could try a water wash with some color in it & "paint" it on it after the eggs are put together.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• You could dye the marshmallow mix before mixing it with the rice krispies...That way you can stir it in with a spoon or spatula...Although you'd have to do a little bit of the marshmallow mix at a time to do different colors.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'd just use the food coloring, but you could also use colored sugars,, like the kind you decorate cookies with.. when you put it in the hot melted marshmallows they just melt and change it color, if you dont want the sugar to melt, then add the sugars after adding the rice crispies. OR, use fruity pebbles and coca pebbles too, this will give you multi color and chocolate eggs.... OR i'd be slave mom and have my son pick outthe colors of the fruity pebbles making a pile of each color and ding my batches like that..lol he loves sorting..LOL GOOD LUCK
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Food coloring is going to transfer onto your hands. Multicolored marshmallows would work, but you are going to end up with a funny color unless you separate all of them and make small batches. Colored sugar might work, but it will make your mixture extra sweet. I have made brown eggs using cocoa krispies and they were great.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would also use food coloring and gloves. Just get some plastic gloves and use it to mix it together.

Answer by gemgem at 9:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• use fruity pebbles or colored marshmallows
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Good luck! I'd love to know how they turn out when you finish and what you decided to go with.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• no clue, but good luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• you could try using fruity pebbles instead of rice krispies
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Fruity pebbles would work great!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011