How do I hard boil eggs?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• bring water to rolling boil add eggs and boil 7-10 minutes depending on your preference remove from heat run under cold water for a few minutes peel and enjoy
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Everyone has their own ways of boiling eggs :) me I put the eggs in cold water on the stove and turn the heat on. When it comes to a boil set your timer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain the water and run cold water over them until they are completely cooled down. Like I said, everyone has their own system.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• if you boil them for only 3 minutes, the inside will not be done.

Put your eggs in cold water on a pot on a stove. Turn the stove on high, put your timer on for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, put the eggs in some ice water to cool down.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• But a pan of water with the eggs in it on the stove. Boil for 3-8 minutes depending on your preference. Remove from heat, empty water, cool eggs with cold water, peel and eat.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• PUT, not But
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I worked in a restaurant where we boiled (rapid boil) for 5 mins - removed from heat but let sit in the water for 45-60 mins. Made peeling easier and allowed eggs to "finish" but not get rubbery (overdone)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2011