Not vaccinating your children...maybe you should read this article

luvmybgtwins

Asked by luvmybgtwins at 9:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Health

• Not vaccinating is selfish.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• An article is a article...you can find the exact same thing for NOT vaccinating.

I vax my kids, but dont expect another parent to substitute my judgment for their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I mean, you all do realize there are risks to vaccinations right?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I agree with pookiekins. It is selfish and I wonder how the parents would feel when and if their child died of a preventable disease or killed another child by infecting them? It is something I will never understand.

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well, at least it's from the American Board of Pediatrics, and not ask.com or wikipedia.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• MommyH2, do you think anyone against vax attempted to read pro vax articles with an open mind? It goes both ways. Your story isn't common. People have strokes on BC pills but women still take them as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Musicmom80, a great percentage, in fact, I would say almost all, parents who have chosen not to vaccinate, at some point vaccinated their child/ren, what makes you think they've never read a pro-vaccination article with an open mind? That's simply not a judgement you can make, anymore than someone could accuse you of never reading an anti-vaccine article with an open mind, only you can truthfully answer that question.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I know my story isn't common, however, I am still made to feel terrible that he doesn't have all his shots yet by so many people even though I am just following my pedi's recommendation.

I am sure many people have a hard time reading research against what they believe with an open mind. When it came to this topic though, I never really had a strong belief one way or the other so it was easy for me to have an open mind about the research as I read it from both sides.

I just hope that what I am doing is ok in the end b/c I am just trying to do what everyone else is trying to do...take care of the thing I love the most in this world.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• They will forever be trying to convince parents on WHY they should have their child get their shots. I haven't missed an imunization yet. I was watching Dr.Oz a while back and there was 5 or 6 pedi's on there and all of them besides one said that vaccines were actually causing more harm then helping from their opinion. It is all on what the parents agree with. I don't necessarily agree that they are "needed" but I do it for my kids and in hopes that it will help them later in life.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2011