Any Coast Guard wives, girlfriends or are you in the Coast Guard??

My husband is in the Marines but thinking of doing a career move into the Coast Guard at the end of his term. He's contacted a recruiter to get some information but there's nothing better than someone who lives it everyday. How do you feel about the Coast Guard and what should I be prepared for? Lots of deployments? Where are the big bases? Any help would be great. I'm a little nervous about this being a possible switch as I thought he'd retire with the Marine Corps.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband checked into it and at the time 4 years ago they would only allow 2 dependents (wife and one child) for the servicemember to join the coast guard. Not sure about the bases though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• You should ask this in the CM Mililary Moms group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/107984?ct=search_top

Answer by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011