DD's hair

15 mo old DD is 1/4 black and the hair on the back of her head gets sssssooooooo nappy!! I got some Pink Oil that my hair dresser told me to get and when I wash her hair (once a week unless she's smeared food all over it) I put it in her hair. But the back still gets really bad. I hold her down and brush it all out once a day and she just screams and screams, but I don't want to leave it there so it will get worse. Her hair is super curly anyways and 5 min after I brush/comb it you can't even tell. is there any way to keep her hair from getting so nappy? Or a better way to get it out?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Depending on her age i would just keep it braided until it grows out of the nappy stage, or you can try this Cholesterol hair stuff in the black haircare section in a tub, and its orange. It's a good treatment, also, JUST FOR ME, its kids hair stuff and works great. Again, her age matters with this, so it would help knowing that.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• OH boy,, SORRY,, JUST SAW YOU STARTED WITH HER AGE.. SORRY!! The just for me will work best, and try to keep her hair "done" whenever possible, it should just be a phase.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would get it braided
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I agree with pp,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Treat her hair gently. Nappy hair is fragile. Also, you don't want to make grooming her hair a negative experience...it doesn't have to be a joy, but shouldn't be something you both dread. Let her have a tub toy to play with while you shampoo - distracting her will make the process easier for you both.

Get a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. While the hair is saturated with a slippery conditioner(I like Pantene), use a very wide-tooth comb to detangle it. Begin at the ends and gently detangle, slowly working your way up the shaft. If you meet a tangle, remove the comb and begin again lower in the tangle. When all the tangles are out, gently rinse, leaving the tiniest bit of conditioner in the hair (not sqeaky).

Blot her hair dry. Do not rub. Use a small amount of oil & smooth her hairinto braids while damp - it will dry smoother. Keep it braided. Use spoolies/kid curlers to curl the ends if you like. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

•  spoolies.  You can put one on the end of each damp braid, when the hair dries, it will have a managble curl.

Kid curlers are wire covered in kid leather. You wrap the hair around the center, and bend the ends to the center to hold it. There are versions that use bright colored fabric instead of leather, or soft plastic.

Both will keep the braids from coming undone, and leave a single curl at the end of the braid when the hair is dry.  :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

•  It lost my picture of the spoolies.  :-)       

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Jhonson detangler spray.I use that with my 11mos old son.He has curly and nappy hair. It works for me.
    kiran595

Answer by kiran595 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011