Potty Training without pull ups?

Does anyone have any tips on potty training without pull ups? DD is 2, will be 3 in July. She went pee pee in the potty twice yesterday. But today she doesn't seem too interested. We went out and bought Dora panties (she picked them out) but she pee pee'd twice so far this morning in her panties. She did not want to put a diaper on last night but I put one on anyways. She woke up this morning around 6:30, she usually sleeps until about 7:30 or 8:00. I think she was excited about getting her big girl panties on this morning. But why doesn't she want to pee pee on the potty today? I gave her lots of praise yesterday when she went and even gave her a treat. But today all she wants to do is wash her hands. Any advice?

katieclaude

Asked by katieclaude at 10:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i refused to use pull ups on my kids.. i had them all potty trained the month they turned 2. Just keep working with her on it!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• She just needs to get used to it, keep trying, she is probably just forgeting that she needs to use the potty because she's just so used to going whenever where ever
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It takes more then a day to potty train and it can be really frustrating. My older kids potty trained without pull ups, mostly bc when they were small they had just come out with them. Before that, you did it old school like you are lol. They do have thicker training pants you can buy that do help so it isnt as messy when they pee, but you obviously have to change them since they are cotton. Just keep doing what you are doing. Over time she will go more and more.

Answer by gemgem at 10:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Take her to the potty every so often like every 30 -4 0 minutes. She will need the pullup for ovrnight for quite some time. It is different for night time. You also might Google "toilet training readiness" to see some links on readiness.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• just take her potty and when or if she has anaccident she will feel it whichis what you want. I do use pullups but at night and when we went out when we first started. I mostly keep her in panites at first.....My daughter tunred 3 March 19 and has been trained for 4 mos now:) We use pullups at night. I learned withmy oldest keeping them inundiesis the biggest way to be sucessful...Good luck
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I bought a lot of training underwear. They are a bit thicker. I also bought the 'rubber' pant, they are to put on top of the training pants so that not everything gets soaking wet. I just had my son wear a Tshirt and the underwear and rubber pants. Take her to the potty a lot and take her everytime she wets. It takes some time, but it's a lot faster than the pull ups.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I never used pull-ups either. I used panties as kind of a "reward". If she went in the potty, I would let her put on a pair of panties and she could wear them until she had an accident in them. It took a little while, but one day...on her terms...she decided it was time and never had an accident again...night or day.

Just remind her very frequently to go to the bathroom. I know both of mine have gone through phases during potty training where they peed themselves purely because they didn't want to stop playing whatever they were playing to go to the bathroom.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I didnt use them LOL they were to expensive and my son took foreverrrrr to potty train, so he stayed in diapers while potty training. I was on a very VERY tight budget, but either way it still worked! lol :)
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 11:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• only use character panties as a reward for being dry after a week, plain panties until she gets the hang of it, tell her Dora doesnt like to get peed on!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• DD was potty trained in 1 wk...She wore long gown (nothing else) & kept the potty near by. Id ask her every 20min if she needed to go potty. she would just answer but most of the time she totally just went to potty on her own. (she peed in floor once that week & pooped in floor once that week-THAT IS IT). She wore diapers for sleeping only. and we stayed home during that time. After a few days of no accidents I put her in very loose bottoms (NOTHING tight around her legs) & kept reminding her about the potty. Then on Friday I needed to go to store so I put her in panties & loose clothing & ask her alot (afraid she pee in buggy! LOL) about restroom. she did great. And then on saturday she went to wearing panties & any clothing she wanted.
    About 1mo after that she lost the diapers even while sleeping.
    she only had accidents every few weeks while playing the 1st 3mo & in 2yrs has only peed the bed maybe 4 times :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2011