Fondin

I hope I spelled the right...We're getting a b-day cake made for our daughters b-day. How does that stuff taste? Do I need to make another cake for everyone to eat? lol I"m so out of the loop!

RentaMom

Asked by RentaMom at 10:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• you can look online on how to flavor it.. i bought some from the store and didnt know anything about it i made a cake for my daughters birthday and my friends an i tried and i decided it was disgusting so i went an bought another cake for everyone to eat.. after that i learned you can flavor it! my sil an i make homemade fondent that was chocolate - which was really good.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think you're thinking of fondant. Some people like it, some don't. I'm one of the people who does. I've never made it/used it myself, but my best friend did on her wedding cake (while I made sugar flowers!) - it looked... difficult, but she went to baking school. Ha ha
    Good luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have heard the premade stuff tastes not so great- but I made marshmallow fondant for my daughter's 16th b-day cake and it tasted fine
    you can find the recipe online for it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Fondant is an acquired taste. You can get flavoring added to it but if it's plain then 1/2 will like it 1.2 will not like it. It's EASY to peel it off cake though so you dont have to serve it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2011