Is the Illuminati real?

I see so many references to the illuminati now. Is this a real organization?

Side note: There are no links, this is just my observations.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• This probably won't be a satisfactory answer your question, but in my experience most things are only as real as we allow them to be.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Conspiracy theory, and plenty of propaganda.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• At one time yes. Back in the 1600's, the Catholic Church was very much in power and those who were interested in scientific discovery, theory, education, knowledge, etc. were often at odds with the church and could find themselves accused as a heretic. People like Galileo, therefore, met in secret to discuss new ideas and discoveries. There were more than likely other Illuminati type groups all over europe that subscribed to ideas other than what the church told them to believe, whether or not they were all of a scientific mind, I don't know. Some could have been involved in things totally against what the church taught. Because groups that the church thought of as a threat to their power had to meet in secret, not much is really known about them. As to whether or not the Illuminati still exist...they may in some form or other, I don't think anyone really knows.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I dunno really. Might as well ask if the "magic Underwear" the morman's have really works. LLOLOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• LOL Vbruno! You are always so funny!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes...It is a veeerrry real organization who's far reaching influence is everywhere, including our government but God still is more powerful in protecting his children so there is no need to worry about the Illuminati.
    wifedoll

Answer by wifedoll at 11:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• im not quite sure
    SweetlilQtMama

Answer by SweetlilQtMama at 8:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011