ANY GOOD DIETS? IM TRYING TO LOOSE THE LAST 20 POUNDS AND IT ISNT COMING OFF NEARLY AS EASY AS IT WENT ON : /

MSKASSYLEIGH

Asked by MSKASSYLEIGH at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm in the same boat!! My mom kindly reminds me that I'm no longer a teen, and that it gets harder as you get older, but I"m in denial. lol. Right now, I cut my 2 cups of coffee down to 1. Sub. water for my usual kool-aid/ pop. I'm actually eating breakfast, which I never did before. (corn flakes, special k type) I'm sub. Splenda for sugar. And I'm eating Healthy choice low sodium soups and salad for breakfast and lunch. If the weather EVER gets nicer, I'll be doing A lot of walking!! And I'm snacking on fruit instead of junk. The wknds, I splurge a bit, but other than that, I've been on this "diet" for aprox 3 wks, and I can tell a small diff. Don't have a scale so I"ll have to wait until I visit my parents to see if there is any diff. on their scale. I wish you luck!! And please if you figure something out that works, let me know!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I herd HCG is a really good one. You might also want to check myfitnesspal.com it's really good for counting calories.
    katieclaude

Answer by katieclaude at 11:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Okay, he calls it a diet on the cover, but even he says inside the book that it's change in eating habits...which is what you really need.

The 'Eat This Now! Diet' by Rocco Dispirito is awesome. It's got breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes that combined to make 1200-1400 calorie days. He goes off of recent research that backs the claim that those who lose a lot of weight intitially will stick to their eating plan better than those who start out on the 'slow and steady' train. So he does a 2wk up to 10lb start, then shows you how to up that to 1500 a day to get into the 1-2lb week loss. He's taken a bunch of comfort food and made them low-cal/healthy and they are *amazing* He was hired by The Biggest Loser to create these recipes for the contestants. The first third of the book is about how to eat healthy(Stevia and Agave nectar instead of artificial sweetners kinda stuff).

Three days and 2lbs so far.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• (con't)

And yeah...1200 cal/day sounds like starving, but you eat six times a day and a lot of the recipes are packed with protein so you fill up fast and stay full longer.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I lost 40lbs on the GI diet, it does take some time getting use to but it is worth it, besides changing your eating habits will last longer than a diet. Good luck
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• lower your carb intake and eats 5 small meals a day. It's easier to say, but very hard to do. It does work if you lower your carb, but it will not be instant, prolly will take couple of months. Drink a lot of water, if you can exercise that would be great.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Weight Watchers. Remember., nine months on, minimum nine months off. Weight lost faster has a nasty habit of returning with friends.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• thank you guys i think im going to cut down on carbs and going regularly to the gym, i just found cardio video for gome called turbo fire? it looks like it could work while im at home my lo is finally old enough to go to daycare at the gym starting tomorrow so i want to go monday-friday now
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Kassy, perfect plan. Eliminating carbs is livable. How old is baby?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• the months old on the 7th... i have no idea where the time is going but all i know is summer is around the corner and it would be nice to feel comfortable with my body by then, dosnt help my fiance is 140lbs lol
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011