Do you have an inner rambling monologue?

LOL, I am not crazy (I already consulted a pro) just a stay at home mom with to much quiet time. I have developed a rambling inner monologue... I don't mean intuition or hearing voices... just my voice thinking out loud in my mind all the time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I do it too. I create routines in my head. But I talk it to myself in my head. However, sometimes at work, I cannot hold in things that should be held in and I say stupid things.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• every body thinks dont they or is it just sahm , I am constantly having conversations with myself in my mind ,like what shall I do now ,why are the kids stressing me ,when will the dog stop jumping up on the furniture when I am constantley dragging her off ,what shall I do for tea ,and my fav is redesigning the house in my head , the colour scheme and furnishing and everything its great fun ,do you think i need professional help lol........
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• "what do you mean?
    no, what do you mean?
    Are we crazy?
    Nah, we're awesome!!!"

Oh, sorry...hehehe. Obviously, I do it all the time! Just the fact that you are aware of it pretty much means you are normal. My only suggestion...try not to do it in public. We tend to get stared at a bit too much in the grocery store! lol
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I have always had this, all of my life. Isn't this called thinking for yourself?
    Anonymous

• You probably always had that, but now that you're a SAHM you just notice it more. Everyone's mind chatters away all day long. Some people are just more aware of it than others. I meditate for a half hour every day, and the kind of meditation I practice is basically just simply sitting still and quiet and listening to that voice do it's thing. I observe it like a scientist, and I also observe how other parts of me respond to that voice - other parts of my mind and/or my body. Because (here's some food for thought) if you are aware of that rambling voice and you can listen to it the way you'd listen to a friend talking, is that voice in your head really you? Or are you the one doing the listening? But then again, you're also aware that you are listening to that voice, so are you the voice, are you the listener, or are you the one observing the listener? I could go on and on...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'd be more concerned if you didn't ever hear yourself thinking.
    Anonymous

• LOL, at the grocery store I just pretend I am talking to my 1 yr old!
    Anonymous

• LOL i do it ALL the time
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• BlueFrogMama, very true... I think there is a difference btw your voice, intuition or other voices. For example... one day walking the woods, I just jumped. DH thought I was crazy at first. I didn't hear a voice I just jumped, and under me slid a snake from behind me. I didn't hear or see the snake. I just jumped. Then I have heard my name called, etc, this by someone elses voice. Like my grandmother who has past.
    Anonymous

• LOL you mean that's not normal!? I hold mental conversations with myself all the time. I always have too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008