Tell me if i am wrong

my sons wife is cheating on him and they have a child togeather andshe is not doing the right thing at all he is in iraq as we speak and she riding other men around in his car and spending my sons money on them i dont know what to do i am not gona say anything to him caus ehe dont need that right now i mean it is getting harder for me to keep my mouth shut to her but i dont want no hard feeling with me and my son and me as being a mother i dont like any one who hurts my son or any of my kids tell me what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• What is your question? Do you want to say something to your son or her? Does she know what you know? I would confront her and tell her you won't sit back and watch what is happening any longer. Tell her you expect for her to respect your son and your grandchild.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think you posted about this yesterday. Like I said he really doesnt need to know since he has to have his head where he is. If you know she is cheating collect the evidence. The best thing you can do right now is keep your mouth shut as hard as it is. What if she takes off with your grandson while your son is in Iraq? That would make it even worse dont you think? Unless you can somehow prove she is an unfit mom who is abusing or neglecting her child you have no grounds to do much and she could run with the child, making it worse for your son. Just collect the evidence, and maybe you can tell her you know what is going on. Then drop it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I totally agree with you about not telling son right now! He needs to focus on himself and his job right now! (tell him thank you from me for serving) The way he is being treated is pretty despicable.

But I would MOST DEFIANTLY have a talk with DIL!!! I would try to start of calm and NOT accusing her. Just tell her you are concerned with the way it looks. And let her know that their are people who have seen her with these guys who are going to tell your son. i would let her know that you know.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• that's really tricky since you don't want to upset your son and you don't want to cause him stress while he is in iraq ... i would try and write down my feelings, questions and so fourth in a book and kinda document things for yourself and your son so that when he get's back you can talk with him about it but that's really honestly a hard question to answer since I don't have a son that old and I am not much older myself... I hope this has helped you
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• oh sorry yea my question was should i say something to her i mean i cant keep quiet anymore it hurts my heartt
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• yea i am not gonna say anyhting to him i am sorry ladies i just need to get it off my chest i really do and i dont have anyone to talk to about this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• how are you wrong?
    wrong for not tellinghim now
    or
    wrong for not telling the 'wife' that you do not approve of her actions

why not say something to the 'wife'?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• honestly if you say something to her she could try to contact your son and start conflicts with you and your son which won't make matters any better but only worse ... i would just collect the evidence against her so that you can show your son when he comes back that way he doesn't lose focus on his job out in iraq
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• That is the most disrespectful thing a woman could do. But I agree with the other women, dont tell him while he is in Iraq, but If this was me, and my son, I would tell him when hes home from deployment. He deserves his money and so does his child, that girl needs to be cut off. Idk if I would say anything to the girl though, she may just be rude to you and tell you it's not your business. I hope everything works out for you and your son.
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 11:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Im with gemgem and proudmommy on this one. Besides, just b/c you say something to her doesnt mean its going to stop. So where would that leave you? Get son home first from his tour and go from there hon.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2011