How do i get my oldest to ... ?

how do i get my oldest to keep his cloths on when we are home...as soon as i stick him in his room so that i can get some cleaning done or take care of his brother or run to the bathroom i will come up and occasionally find him naked completely naked ...
is this common for a 2 1/2 year old?
is there anything that i can do to keep him from doing this?
i first thought it was his way of telling us he's ready to potty train but every time we try and gets scared of his potty chair...

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Totally normal mom! It gets rough in the summer too because they get used to having little clothing on. My granddaughter, who was two last summer had the hardest adjustment when it turned cold outside. They grow out of it... just hang in there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It's very common! The only thing you might do is find some clothes that are harder to take off. Really, it's part of learning and growing up. Hopefully he doesn't have too many accidents while naked. The opposite problem (and you'll probably get this one, too) is when they REFUSE to take off an outfit. It's the only thing they'll wear and it's a fight to take it off. Children do the darndest things. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• that is true and i haven't gotten it yet but i am sure i will soon... but all have to try some spring/summer clothing that is harder for him to take off
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• OMG sounds like my son.... he will be 3 this month and LOVES to be naked. I think I get him dressed at least 10 times a day. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i swear i do the same thing
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• it is very normal
    123smithterri3

Answer by 123smithterri3 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• glad to hear this is a normal stage eases my mind a lil
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• very normal try putting something on him that isn't so easy to take off hang in there it will get better
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hope this is normal. My dd does the same.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2011