Do you own a Corgi?

What do you like about the breed? Did you find him/her easy to potty train? Training? Are they easy to get along with? do they get along with other pets?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pets

• We had a Corgi a couple years ago that someone dumped in my yard with her papers and everything...jerk.
    Bailey was awesome! Smart as a whip!
    COWGIRLinPEARLs

Answer by COWGIRLinPEARLs at 11:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My Dad has one. He's an extremely intelligent dog. Was easy to potty train him and teach him tricks. They tend to herd other dog's as it's in their nature and what they were bread to do. Herd sheep and goats but it's cute seeing him play nanny to other dogs. He gets along really well with anyone's dog, big or small.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No, but I would! They are fantastic. Very smart, very loyal, easy to train, including house training. However, they do tend to attach to one person. And their herding instincts can be challenging if you do not know how to handle a herding breed. I know a corgi that had all the kids lined up on the couch one evening, by nipping and herding them then she went and dropped her ball in front of them.....they were her sheep LOL!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No, but we had two while I was growing up- Shiloh and Griffin (both female.) They were both very nice dogs, but very different personalities. Shiloh was very smart, but also very protective and sometimes aggressive with other animals. She was also stubburn as a mule! Grifin was a lot more agreeable with strangers and other animals, but was not the sharpest knife in the drawer! LOL! They do need lots of exercise and do have a herding tendancy with other pets and small kids- when I had little cousins, Griffin used to 'herd' them into a circle in the middle of the floor and then keep circling them to keep them there. She didn't nip at them, but would lean against them and prod them with her muzzle until she got them where she wanted them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2011