Silly question. My mom told me I should be wearing bras at all times when you are pregnant. Also, im getting a lot bigger and im 12 weeks 4 days. is it too early to get maternity bras?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just wear a sportsbra, maternity bras are a pain in the ass.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Actually its better for you to start wearing them early. Under wire can actually affect the way that the ducts develop and can cause problems. I never wore a bra while I went to bed... pregnant or not :) if anything I would wear a maternity shirt. :)

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It's never too early to have good support.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Do whatever makes you comfortable! Just keep in mind you may need a larger size down the road! ;) Congrats!
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 11:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• dont spend a lot of money on them because the size you are now will NOT be the size you are when your milk comes in.

perhaps just wear a sports bra now and then when your milk comes in buy a good nursing bra... if you plan on nursing.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I agree with others... buy a bra with no underwire (like a sports bra or a sleeping bra) that will accomodate your growing body. I had to stop wearing underwire for the most part when I was in my 2nd trimester and beyond... I carried quite high and the underwire actually dug in to the top of my belly!

And, just to add... don't buy a nursing bra until after you have your baby - you don't know what your boobs are gonna do once your milk comes in full!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• alright, thanks for the responses everyone!
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• yep, just be comfortable! Sports bras are preferred for me. :)
    BGrieger

Answer by BGrieger at 6:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i would get a sports bra.. they are cheaper then maternity bras, you dont want to waist your money on them because your boobs are just going to get bigger...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 2:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Try the $17 nursing tank tops sold at Target... Love 'em!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011