They had to stop preterm labor.....what are you experiances of how long you baby came after they sent you home

I am only 34 weeks and went into preterm labor. I had magnesium sulfate IV and it stopped it. I had 2 steroid shots to mature babys lungs. I am on strict bed rest for 2 days to make sure that it had 48 hours to take effect. Obviously i want her to wait as long as possible but I am so nervous it will be any time now!!

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 11:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went into premature labor at 28 weeks. I was in the hospital for a week. I had the mag sulfate as well and the steriod shots. I was also put on a medication to help me relax. I was put on bedrest (I could only get up to use the bathroom and I was allowed to take a quick shower everyother day) until I was 36 weeks. 2 days after she lifted my bedrest, I had my baby.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Good Luck! I went into preterm labor at 30wks. They stopped it and I was on oral medication until 36wks. I didn't go into labpr until I eas exactly 39wks. I wish you all the best!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I had preterm labor, and I was actually over due.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I had preterm labor and Had to have the IV to stop it too I ended up being induced at 41weeks and dd refused to come out! the next day I randomly went into labor after theystopped the induction so i could rest Good Luck
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I was wondering if i get up and get going after my two days if labor will start again or if i should put myself on longer bed rest! lol I know there is really no way to know, but with a history of preterm with my first and having to be induced early with my second I just am so curious if she will try again soon. Sill VERY crampy the nurse said my uterus was spastic.
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I went into preterm labor with my youngest on December 11th and spent 6 hours in the birthing center being monitored and they gave me shot that would stop the contractions and then had to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy but I wound up in the birthing center 2 days later for similar contractions that weren't as serious so they watched me for a little bit then sent me home and I then had my youngest a month before my due date at 35weeks & 5days
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2011