How to test for ADHD?

My 9 yr old has an IEP. He supposedly has auditory and visual processing disorders. We want to have him tested for ADHD. How do I go about this? The school didn't seem to think my concern was valid so I need a different route.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I took my daughter when she was 9 to a pediatric neurologist....they put her through some tests, questions, and observed her, and that's how they diagnosed her.....There's no actual-known test to know if you have it.....It's really frustrating....I wish there was a blood test like when you want to know if you're pregnant, lol.....Good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Ask your pediatrician who/what they recommend. Doesn't the school have to test if you have a concern? (maybe wrong on that one.) You can get some helpful info at LD.org
    Anonymous