Asking again: Flower help! *With pics this time*

I asked about this last night, but now I have a picture!

Here's a couple photos of the potted flowers I received yesterday:

^^ The only bloomed flower. Pink and white petals, with a "fluffy" inside and somewhat purple inside.

^^ From the side. Sort of thicker steams and really leafy.

So what is this? How do I care for it? How often do I have to water.

Seriously new at this and determined not to kill it... so any info would be appreciated!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• ok from the looks of them they are Gerber Daises. They need to be kept at a temp around 70 degrees. They need adequate sunlight for optimal bloom time. Water them evenly, meaning enough to soak the soil but not overwatering and when not in bloom they don;t need to be watered as much. Everyday once a day. If bringing them outside DO NOT water them first thing in the morning b/c any water that has been on the petals or leaves will scorch it. evenings are best. Remove and dead flowers or petals b/c they will just deplete the water from the healthy blooms. I would add a small teasspoon of miracle grow to the water i am adding it will help them thrive and produce vibrant colors. I hope that this helps!! Good luck!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Is that a Gerber Daisy? Love them..so pretty
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It looks like a variety of sunflower. Id say water when it's dry, or about every few days give it a little drink. There should be a care instructions card in there somewhere. Put it near a sunny window.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'm not sure. Just googled "Gerber Daisy" and in all the photos, the petals seem more rounded...whereas these are quite pointy.
    I feel like such a newbie! Ha ha
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No care instructions card. Lowe's was delivering these door to door as a promotion for their new store nearby, and the only thing in there was a $10 off card! Ha ha
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It's a Gerber Daisy enjoy it they are pretty and easy to take care of water when dry and a nice sunny spot and they are happy bring outside when the weather gets warmer. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• call lowe's and ask them what the flower was they where giving away door to door and how you care for it.......they where giving it away they should now the answer
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• think its an annual then. lucky you, it will come back every year to bloom for you!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Its a gerber daisy. I worked in a flower shop lol.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Definitely a Gerbera Daisy- I saw a pot of these at Lowe's this morning when I was houseplant shopping(again! lol) and wondered if that was what you had. Congrats! I have never had one and don't really know what kind of care they need. Beautiful, though!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011