Finger sucking

My DD is four now and I've been trying for about a year for her to stop sucking her finger. She was on a binki at first then got rid of it and then started sucking her finger. I have tried staying consistant with telling her to keep it out her mouth, but not working. I've tried the nasty finger nail polish, also not working. Any suggestions?

smileynikki712

Asked by smileynikki712 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try Thumbuddy To Love. you can google it....thumbuddytolove dot com.
    Kids love it and it gives them a gently reminder along with book and thumb puppet. and success chart.
    andreav210

Answer by andreav210 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Wow I read that so wrong the first time! LMAO!!!!!!!

I don;t know the answer to the actual question but I am having the same issue with my DD thumb sucking!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Put something in her hands to do. Most likely she is bored so thumb sucking keeps her soothed and occupied. Soooo give her something to do..like draw, paint, clay, help you fold laundry or tidy, cook with you, give them a DS, do legos.... I have one who sucks his thumb and we have gotten some awesome art and inventions out of this one. I do not think that the putting something on the thumb or constantly getting onto them to take it out of the mouth is constructive...nor does it work...I think it is hurtful.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Nope no suggestions! sorry mine is 9! gl!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011