The love of Thomas the tank engine

My 7 yr. old step son is absesst with Thomas the tank engine. He's got ADHD and PDD. I know that part of it is because of the PDD. But I was wondering if there might be any suggestions to where hes not always talking about Thomas.I hate to say this but when he starts talking about Thomas I tune him out a little. Help!

smileynikki712

Asked by smileynikki712 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Well you do need to set aside certain times of the day to only talk about other things and not thomas at all! lol my son is autistic and that is what we have to do because they do need to learn to entertain other people interests.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• This too will pass. My son was the same way with Wall-e. Ugg I know how you feel. Guess what we just started Thomas Again..uugg! In fact it is a motorized one and we have a long wooden track to put together. So I have a train track with Thomas running by himself driving around my house as I type. Just love it because when they grow they move on..:( They find comfort in it. If you listen really hard he may be using it to express himself. Usually what Wall-e was feeling..he was too.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Try to enjoy his and the thomas conversation
    123smithterri3

Answer by 123smithterri3 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011