What should she do?

My DD's boyfriend's parents want my DD to come over for an other Thanksgiving dinner, the thing is she doesn't like mashed potatoe's or peas&stringbeans, she knows for sure they're having mashed potatoes. Shes a really polite girl and can be really shy at time when it comes to this i told her to just say no thanks but of course mom's answer is never good enough. Anyone have any other idea's or excuses to not eat. I also told her to just eat them they wont kill her,
All answers will be greatly apprechiated.
Thankyou=]

Oh& i also suggest bringing a cake or pie for after any other idea's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• She should just say no thank you, or I don't care for that, but thank you. If she can't bring herself to say that, then I guess she'll just have to choke it down.

As for what to bring, she may want to call and ask. She could bring a box of chocolates, a plate of cookies, or she could just bring a vase of fresh flowers.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I dont think you can do anything else really , maybe she could just eat what she can and then say that was lovely but I cant eat another thing . bless her .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If its a buffet style just skip over that and take a bit extra of something else. Chances are no one will even notice. If they pass it just smile and pass it on. People are so anxious to get thier own food they probably wont even care to watch what you put on yours.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Just tell her to get small portions and eat them and i'm sure they will have other things besides that. She's picky obviously and i'm sure she can manage to eat them.
    Anonymous

• tell her to take a dish she will eat. That way she contributes to the dinner and doesn't eat what she doesn't want to eat. When they pass around the food at the table they are not going to make her take something she doesn't want. Tell her to just keep passing the bowl.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• She needs to talk to her BF about it. Let him deal with his parents.

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2008