What does the word intimate mean to you? Do you see is as more sexual, sensual etc or more like hugs and kisses?

Being intimate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• i would say when someone is really personal with you .touches you or speaks to you in a really personal way .soft and lovingly .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Well, "being intimate" is a phrase commonly used to denote sexual relations. But I think if we are talking about the true definition of intimacy, it can mean a wide variety of things. A conversation can be intimate. So can a fleeting moment of eye contact, a hug, a kiss, a lingering handshake, etc... And on the fip side, sex can be very non-intimate (take the recent gang-bang style fiasco that happened in the bathroom at a college football game... it was on the news).
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• the sexual and sensual bond between lovers. That includes the holding, touching, kissing, gazing into each other's eyes, etc. Also, true intimacy to me is knowing each other deeply (hopes, fears, dreams, secrets...all of it).
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Intimate is any time you feel very emotionally attatched and connected. Knowing exactly what your SO wants and needs without words.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ok. I was just asking because a 14 year old girl on here said she was intimate with her step dad and said it was ok because they weren't blood related. I said something to her and she said she meant hugging and kissing. Either way if you are intimate in any way with your step dad that's just sick and what would that do to her mom? Yuck!
    Anonymous

• I think true intimacy goes beyond sex, or even showing affection. I think it is about knowing someone so well that you can look at them and know what they are thinking, just by the face they are making. It's about communicating without the need for words.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't think everyone considers it to be a sexual thing. I have intimate relationships with my siblings, my parents, my grandparents, and my close friends. But I think her commment about it being okay because they aren't blood relatives is a tip-off that something is not quite right there....
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Oh yes there is definintly something beyond that.
    Anonymous

• It means being close to someone.
    Depending on the sentence it was used in would change its exact meaning for me.

Like if you said are you and DH intimate on Saturday nights...Id think sexual.

If you said do you have an intimate relationship with your God...then Id think spiritual,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Intimate is definitely more than intercourse. Intimate is any sort of close, very personal moment shared between two people.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008