Did your bay spit up alot?

angelsmurf1989

Asked by angelsmurf1989 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies do. But I'm noting a general trend in your questions... spitup, not sleeping.... amount to feed...

I didn't formula feed. But mine would NEVER take more than three ounces in a bottle.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Mine didn't but my grandson did. Turned out his wasn't just spit up. It was projectile vomiting and turned out to be Pyloric Stenosis. He had to have surgery to fix it and so did his new baby girl. If it's just spit up, try to feed the baby slower and smaller amounts then burp more often.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Could have acid reflux, or need to change formula, if you're formula feeding (always check with pediatrician first) also at night, make sure baby is propped up and not laying flat, that will help with spitting up and also help with sleeping better - at least it did for my dd.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• yes alot.. all four of my children spit up
    masonbunch

Answer by masonbunch at 2:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• DS1 did. The doctor ended up prescribing Zantac for him because it was really bad. But, now, DS2 doesn't spit up nearly as much.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My boys did. It was horrible.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• # 4 out of my 5 did. He had horrible reflux. He is now 5 and still dealing with it. He goes to the GI doc in May regarding a swallow study and perhaps having surgery to fix the valve at the end of his esophogus.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011