How many checks a school year do you write?

Just finished writing out school lunch checks, checks for pictures, and another school related checks. How many checks would you say you use per school year for your kids? (sports, lunch, pictures, and other)

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in

• way too many to count
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Two per year for pictures (1 for each kid) and an occasional book order from Schoolastic. We send in some money here and there for field trips or smoothie day, which is usually $2 - $5.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Oh and we pack lunches from home.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have a senior in high school. I have never written this many checks out for school related things. lol, just wait!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• None. We qualify for free lunches. And their yearbook picture is free, as is their yearbook.
    Anonymous

• Maybe 10- registration, field trips, fundraisers....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Probably around 18, but I usually send cash, it's for field trips, lunches, extra items needed for classes, etc. It's too much in my opinion.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 1:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• 1 at the beginning of the year/registration (all on 1 check), 1 for pictures (pay for them all at once), and any more depend if we pay tuition every month or bigger chunks less often. So...anywhere from 3-12 I guess. Oh, I guess any fundraisers are extra, but those are usually preschool...up to 4 more probably.
    Anonymous

• I would say between 1-10, depending on what is going on. I NEVER send cash to school, it has a habit of getting lost in the office. I am sure by senior year, that will double.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• So far just school pictures in the fall. We don't do fundraisers (can't afford to feed our own kids let alone donated to the school...and the school only has 1 official fundraiser anyway), the kids are on the free lunch program and so far all the field trips have been free or real cheap that we paid in cash. They haven't asked for any other money.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011