Do you get along with your X's new girlfriend?

if so why, if not - why?

BalooSkii

Asked by BalooSkii at 12:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, all these sad situations, Sure, I look back and think to myself "What the hell was I thinking when I married him" but then as I got older... I realized that I had no one to blame but myself. I picked him to be the father of my kids. People grow and change its a part of life.. He and I spoke before I moved out, that no one was to meet the girls unless you were sure the relationship is becoming serious..In the past 7yrs my kids have met a max of 4 people between the two of us... I grew up with a Step-Monster that was thrown in our face before we even knew my parents were getting divorced.( At the time my mom didnt know either) .. over the years she treated me really bad and I refused to expose my girls to that.. Ex, just got remarried to someone who treats my kids decent so I am lucky on that aspect... I dont have a problem with her, he has someone he derserves ...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 1:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• so far he does not have one, that I am aware of ,anyway. If anything I will feel sorry for her for being as blind as I was. Now if she pulls anything were my daughter is concerned we will see...
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• no, he went for the opposite of me. she dresses like street walker, smokes, drinks like a fish and has a nasty mouth. After two weeks of dating she tried to call herself Mommy to my kids and I not so nicely corrected her and told her to stay away from my children
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No! She is very immature and completely despises me!  It would be so much easier if we could just get along for the children's sake.  I do not dislike her and she has nothing for me to be jealous of.    She thinks I am a B because I wanted my ex to pay the support he owes me, for his children! 

RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 12:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No! They were so rude as to make out right in front of my face, after that I lost ALL respect for them BOTH!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I get along with his new wife, better than I get along with any of his family. We are good friends. She is responsible and was NEVER threatened by me or my daughter like his other gf's were. She loves my daughter like she is her own, we have similar parenting styles, and her father's mom is batshit crazy, and his wife has been vital in protecting my daughter from her. Bless her, I have no idea what I would have done if her dad hadn't married her.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Which one? LOL! Serious first ex has been married or in a relationship 4 times since 98 so I never have enough time to care really. The first one was young (19) and I was 26. We get along now that they are broken up. His latest one i have zero interest in meeting. I know she wont be around long.

2nd ex absolutely NO. His gf was his mistress when we were married. They have now broke up thank GOD. She was seriously psycho. I am so glad she is gone it is like a weight was lifted off his and my ability to coparent.

Answer by gemgem at 12:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Unfortunately he's not courteous enough to introduce any of them to me. So I just go by what my son says- I like the ones he likes and don't like the ones he doesn't like.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• @Collegemommy - that's great, that's the type of step mom i was to my SO kids. I am still really good friends with them too.

For the other ladies with the opposite...i feel your pain...my sons dad (i had my son at 16) he is 18 now, but i still do not like the wife, she never treated my son well. My son is his first born, he had three kids after him with her, they never took my son to any vacations, any outtings nothing!!! I wish he would grow some balls but after so many years i know it'll never change and my son see's it very clear and can't stand her and feels a way toward his dad because of how he allowed her to be that way toward him.
    BalooSkii

Comment by BalooSkii (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• skittles - @ least you allow him to take your child around them, I was with someone that wasn't allowed to bring his children around any other female. I couldn't understand that at all. I never controlled my kids dads, as long as my kids are SAFE and happy, i am happy.

now let me add on my other note....my son never went to visit the dads house because she never really wanted him there, he reminded her too much of me so he would see his son at his parents house...pathetic know...but he is broke, miserable, and regrets the day he left me....OH WELL!!!
    BalooSkii

Comment by BalooSkii (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2011